About GE Homes
Glenn Eagles is the director of his company Glenneagles Homes P/L. This Toorak based company has been successfully operating since 1985 and builds high quality developments in the Armadale and Toorak areas. These homes are renowned for their High standard of finishes and excellent quality workmanship. Glenn is proud of the luxurious homes he builds and has earned a reputation as one of Melbourne’s best builders.
Glenn is a 3 rd generation builder and started as an apprentice carpenter from the age of 15. In the following year Glenn won the HIA Apprentice Of The Year Award and this set him off on his path to further successes. Glenn started his own company in his early twenties and initially built up a strong reputation as a quality builder and therefore gained quite a following of clients.
Glenn’s business now concentrates on developments that appeal to buyers in the ‘top end’ of the market. Exceptional finishes and workmanship along with properties that are in A1 locations lure Glenn’s clients from all areas of Melbourne. Often Glenn’s homes are sold well before completion due to the high demand for his product.
- Member of the HIA for nearly 30 years
- Served on various HIA committees including State Council and Executive Committee
- HIA Vice President from 2000 – 2002
- HIA President (3 year term from 2002 – 2005)
- Panel member of the Building Appeals Board (a division of the Building Control Commission). Glenn was appointed to this position by the minister of housing in 2000 for a nine year term. The position involves being a panel member (on) and also chairing appeals and modifications to the current Building Regulations.
- Has presented numerous public speaking sessions at National HIA conventions on housing issues such as marketing, management, communication and planning.
- Involvement with local government through HIA on such issues as:
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Proposed owner builder regulations
- $14,000 home owners grant
- Insurance and warranty issues re changing legislation